Monday, May 31, 2010

THE PIANIST


I saw the movie the pianist at my house with my parents and my brother, two years ago, because a friend told me that it was an excellent movie.

Wladyslaw Szpilman is a Polish Jewish pianist who is struck by the Nazi attack, while he was working in the Polish radio.


All Jews were imprisoned and mistreated by the Nazis, young men were their slaves, and women and children were killed.

After, Spilman lived in an abandoned house in the city of Warsaw, there is a piano. There, he discovers a Nazi officer, but hearing the music he plays, is delighted, helps him and spares his life.


The Pianist is one of the best films of the Nazis, the actors are fantastic, the soundtrack with piano music is excellent


The director Roman Polanski won the Oscar for Best Director, Ronald Harwood played the lead actor Adrien Brody, and won the Oscar for Best Actor


This movie has very strong scenes, but shows the terrible reality that lived thousands of people.


The protagonist is very skinny, his eyes are sad, helping to make the film more real.





2 comments:

  1. I think a very touching movie as it shows the good side of people who are at war, yet a people who feel there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not had a chance to see this movie, but according to the summary is a very interesting movie and try to see it.

    ReplyDelete